Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Stolen Dream...

The Stolen Dream

I don't know how I feel about it .
We'd  almost signed the lawyer's writ, 
When, those who were selling to us
Made the most unfortunate fuss
And pulled out. 

Our move, only days away,
almost there, on our way.
Now, though the sun shines overhead,
The moon beckons me, and I am led
into the shadows.

My dream  stolen,  taken from me
Yet still it continues in memory to be,
A complete reality.

I sit in the garden in this sun,
grandchildren, picnics, lots of fun.
Enjoy the plants,  colours so bright,
Drink wine, with friends, late into the night,
But it's not to be.

Something better round the corner
 they say,
A new adventure for another day.
It wasn't meant to be this time, oh no.
We'll just have to have another go,
At searching.

I'm sorry I've bored you all with my rhyme
Not very good and way out of time
Maybe I'll have some better news soon,
If it's the right phase of the moon,











2 comments :

  1. Perfectly put, and I know just what you mean. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacula. Wasn't sure you were still following my blog.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.