Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Day 15 Jug

Buy Emma Bridgewater Rose & Bee Jug, 0.9L Online at johnlewis.com


Trying to respond to my poem White Sails I think how I love seeing the sailing boats in the Bay. It's one of those experiences that I look forward to when the weather gets a bit better and I miss them being there if the sun is shining and the water is glittering.
Unable to get some words together about this I will talk about a similar thing, a loss, a grief that is hard to get over.

Jug

You were that  good friend to me,
Turning up on special occasions,
Accompanied by your companions
Who, like you, round, shapely
Elegant .
You will be missed.
From the back of the cupboard,
Carefully, we brought you
To the table,
A table laden with delicacies
For invited guests.
You, ready to pour your contents
Into waiting china cups
Layed out on  linen table cloths
Saved for feasts.

Now,  now you are shattered
in tiny pieces
You will be missed
Sad, so sad,
you hold me
By a thread of longing
Jug, my Jug, no longer here
Sad, so sad, your beauty lost
You will be missed
You will be missed


I have to say I have a thing about jugs







What shall I  write about today?

Day 15: 15th April, 15th poem.

Yesterday, we went for a walk in the sun along the coast near our home.

White Sails

The sea a shimmering sheet of glitter,
Sails - white, pointing  skywards,
Formed like swallows returning
Home after the winter.
Watch-Children -
Throwing stones,
Ice creams dripping,
Screaming with delight as
they paddle in freezing water.
Watch -Couples- young,
Embraced  in happy dreams,
Caressed by warm rays..
Breathe in  North Sea health
And- Fish and chips.
Glorious summers day
In April

2 comments :

  1. Lovely, inspirational poems, Marian. My poetry writing skills are .... hmmm... I think the best word to describe it is: non-existent :) I write short stories and have recently completed my first novel, which I am very excited about. Look forward to reading more of your writing. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Nicola for commenting on my blog... "Inspirational" - well that's something ...
    But you've just completed your fist novel and while I have written a few short stories ( flash fiction really) I don't think I'll get to write a novel - but who knows where the good Lord will take me..??
    Your comment has cheered me up no end...
    Thanks again XXX

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.