Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Sharp Words

                                                                                                                                                                    5th Oct 2016


I'm going to be extremely busy today but wanted to get some words down.
Catch up later

Sharp Words.

Stopping to talk makes me late
Pick up your step, hurry along,
Good that I've worn my running trainers.
Can I make it in tow minutes
Would hate to slink in after the start.
Puffing, panting I'm here.
A seat by the window, more light coming in,
Not to near to the leader.
I'm not the last by far today,
Three more wander in and unperturbed
Take their places.
Creative writers gathered together
I feel a fraud .
The comments today seem sharp,
Sharp and unfair
Silencing inspiration.
When it's over , I amble off on my way
With subject for homework ringing round
Foggy corners of my mind,
Turning it maybe into possibilities
For  new words next week

5 comments :

  1. sharp feedback seems so cruel at times.
    I run a writing group and insist on encouraging words..things that help people blossom rather than wilt....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felt the unrest in this one, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felt the unrest in this one, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with you. Sometimes lack of time gets on our nerves :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.