Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Move Your Body Move Your Words

18th Oct 2017

Reading at the prompt for day 11 left me cold. I thought, right, where can I go with this? I was completely stumped and my little grey cells were snoozing away and not in the least bit interested in the problem.
But I thought I must write something as some words are better than no words. Aren't they?

Move Your Body Move your Words

I nearly missed the train this evening.

With a sea of commuters I ran for the 6.0 o'clock
train
A seat tonight was out of the question, that fact was
plain
Bodies hustled, toes trod on, shoved, not admitting to
pain
Damp smell from clothes polluting the air, all got wet in the
rain
The seated make no eye contact, arriving early was their
gain
They ignore the pregnant, the old, the infirm, eyes closed in the
main
Some are on  phones, others read books and in their seats they
remain

I am not young and with my poorly hip could do with a
rest
So when a lot get off at the next stop I feel I'm now well
blest
I take a seat in first class  in  a comfy chair like a
guest
Let's see how long I can keep my place, it's like a little
test
No one comes to remove me -  home, that's always the
best

  





2 comments :

  1. Made me think of the BART train here in SF - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your attempt! Reminded me of rush hour in Britain. Your words captured it perfectly!
    I'm lucky I didn't get to experience it too often, but I surely enjoyed your people-watching, and am glad you got to rest in the end!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.