Thursday, October 26, 2017

Octpowrimo 22, 23 and 24

26th Oct 2017

The prompt for the 22nd Oct:

Purposeful Passion




You Are

When you are gone I close my eyes, I close my eyes and think of you.
My inmost substance sees you there, encounters your presence.
You are  -  the light that brightens my gloom.

When I think of you I cannot breathe, mysterious shivers cascade through me,
I tremble at your touch, am caught in your embrace, a warm flame rests within me,  I want to stay
You are  -  the Place I want to be.

I taste your words, wondrous sweet, relish every morsel, true delight, honey from the bee,
You are  -  the only sustenance for me.

I hear your gentle voice, wisdom whispering love, words I long to secrete,
Somewhere in my memory to be retrieved at times like this,
You are  -  music to my ears,


The echo of my dreams,  murmurings that comfort me.


Prompt for 23rd Oct:

What is the Message


It was too late 
She was too late
If she'd come sooner maybe she would now 
know what he wanted to tell her
she kisses the cold forehead 
wipes it dry of tears
he waited for hours they said 
but death came for him 
in the dark of night 
he wanted to speak with you they said
no one else would do
what was the message she thought 
did no one know but you


Prompt for 24th Oct:

When Lovers Meet

She just a girl bringing in the sheep
He the new neighbour son of the vet
Her - hair greasy, complexion hidden in sweat and dirt
Him- bumbling along, first time sent to help with the lambing
She, sat waiting patiently a problem  with a mother
He, glanced down and in that moment loved her
She met his gaze and heart racing returned the thought 
He in that unspoken look knew he'd found the one   



1 comment :

  1. Wow! Day 22 rings so true to me!
    Thank you for finding the words!

    Day 23 reminds me of the fear I had to not get to say goodbye to my beloved Grandpa. I hardly slept in the plane on the way back home, worried that I'd hear the dreaded words as I landed the next morning.
    I think the message was simply Love. That's what I want to think anyhow ;)

    Day 24... similar to my own, in very different ways, but similar :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.