Saturday, October 28, 2017

Taste of Satisfaction, Held, No Roses

28th Oct 2017

Good morning. There  is certainly an autumnal chill in the air this morning, with chimneys puffing smoke heavenward.
I went to a writing for well being workshop yesterday. It's the first time in ages that I have written with other people and I found it immensely liberating . You writers who follow my blog if you don't already meet up with fellow pen smiths, then I would highly recommend that  to do.  The creative possibilities are increased tremendously. Now , on to catching up with octpowrimo. Here's three . I'll be back later to actually write today's. Enjoy...


Day 25

Taste of Satisfaction

To love what is mortal is no easy thing
Autumn turns green leaves golden then brown
From soft and stretchy to brittle and broken
All things change , make their unavoidable departure,
So, how to love that mortal thing,
And in the process keep possession of the I that is me,
Is it in the giving up or the giving in that the I is diminished,
Or is it otherwise -
Is it that the sacrifice makes the I into the strongest
Mountain, majestic , magnificent
And is there any sacrifice at all if all is joy when given
Yes, to love what is mortal is no easy thing

Day 26

Held

Eternal
only now,  holding everything in being
you are to my I am
my soul held beneath your wings
held against your softness
held as present
held everlasting




Day 27

No Roses

Stepping into the old house into a cold wall of empty
climbing the rickety stairs slowly, each  creak magnified
peeping round the bedroom door, daring to breathe -quietly
looking at her there in the bed as if asleep
smelling the strong scent of roses  filling the room
smiling and thinking no flowers have been here.

8 comments :

  1. The phrase: cold wall of empty is palpable and I love the mystery of No Roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you
      Are you doing any writing at the moment Sascha?
      Let me know how I can find you

      gramswisewords.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Cold wall of empty - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katelyn.
      I surprise myself sometimes
      Are you writing anything just now?

      gramswisewords.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. I agree. The cold wall of empty decribes this magnificently!
    I loved your third poem.

    I also like the idea of my soul being held as present, protected, everlasting.

    In your 'Taste of Staisfaction" poem, I like the repetition, the poem coming full circle back to the beginning; I like how you ponder about the "I" in the process of loving.

    Well done on all these poems. Thank you for stretching my thoughts.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three excellent poems, each a wonderful little microcosm. Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.