Sunday, March 25, 2018

Ten Things of Thankful

25th Mar 2018

My ten things of thankful for this week:

1. I had a  spiritual uplift on a morning of recollection . A quiet time to put things in order with myself and my God and to learn how to live more in the moment .

2. I am thankful for the priest who is always inspired to share a beautiful wisdom about living as a Christian in the world today.

3. And for the friends there who share the same Faith and are walking the same path. We have an incredible bond
4. On the same day on the way home, I enjoyed a walk by the Thames, taking in the reflected images on the glittering water, so pretty in the afternoon sun.

5. On the train journey home I met a lady who was full of life and gave  me some great entertainment  with her chatter and friendliness

6. A few days later I was asked by a friend to help her when she went into hospital for a minor op. She only wanted me to collect her but I felt honoured that she felt able to ask me .

7. When we got to her place she was a bit unsteady so I stayed with her and enjoyed a few hours of tea , biscuits and chatter.  It was a pleasure to be able to be of some service to her., especially as I know how difficult she found it to ask me. And it made me think that in general in society we need to help each other more and not expect that someone else will step up . We are the ones

8.I was so thankful this week that my son and his fiance , who have been living with us for a year, are finally going to be able to move out. We had the walk around of their new house on wednesday and next week they get the keys. There is a lot to do so they won't be out for another few weeks, but the end is in sight for them and for us!

9. And I am so thankful that i made it to the writing workshop this week. I have missed so many friday afternoons. But I have been so grumpy about not getting to my writing that I decided that it was going to be a priority. I always have a struggle to get to it and did have to miss an extra choir practice ( It's Easter soon!). And that is the reason I'm here writing this now. Because I've been energised. I needed it.

10.And the biggest thankful is that it was a dear friend's 50th birthday and her and I and three other dear friend's celebrated by going away for the night. I could have spent the whole ten thankfuls on just this one thing. So much joy - walking by the sea together, having a meal together ( by the way the food was excellent - I had sea food chowder which is a huge dose of thankful in itself), talking together, drinking together - All so good...

There you are folks ...

12 comments :

  1. Such happy things, you've made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Glad I made you smile. My writing's not going so well at the moment. I am blaming my computer which is a bit "sick". Happy Easter to you..

      Delete
  2. Wonderful list of thankfuls. That was sweet of you to stay with your friend knowing she was unsteady. I am glad you got to get away and have writing time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment... I'm afraid my writing isn't going so well at the moment. I'm blaming my "sick" computer, but.... well, you know..

      Delete
  3. What a lovely TTOT. I loved picturing you walking the Thames. It was so nice that you could spend a little time with your friend having tea and biscuits after you took her home. I'm sure she appreciated your concern for her wellbeing after her surgery.
    Fish chowder sounds so good. Do you eat the chowder made with milk or the kind made with a tomato based liquid? I like both kinds, but grew up eating the milk based chowder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. The chowder was made with milk , but it's the first time I've had chowder of any kind and I have to say, it was delicious... and the cheapest thing on the menu... which was a bonus ..

      Delete
  4. It is hard to ask for help, so it is nice that your friend felt comfortable enough with you to request your assistance. And, of course, it was nice of you to help her. Service definitely blesses both the giver and the receiver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Kristi. Thanks for your comment and a very Happy Easter to you..

      Delete
  5. Oh Maz, just reading this wonderful list energized me and made me feel good about life! Your interactions with the people around you enables you to see the gift this is, and I know they feel the same!

    I am thankful for you that your son and finance will soon be out on their own, and I'm sure they are eager for this too!

    You make a good point about asking for help, most of us tend to hold back, even when people ask what they can do. It is a gift to both the giver and the receiver to share moments of need, a blessing!

    I am trying to get back into making writing my priority too. Doing the A-Z Challenge in April will help. Are you going to do it? It's fun, and the posts can be short ones!

    Have a blessed Holy Week, and a beautiful Easter, Maz! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comprehensive reading of my ten things Josie..
      I'm afraid I'm being prevented from doing much writing because my computer is "sick". Don't know if she's on her way out. It's very frustrating ... Happy Easter to you and yours !!!

      Delete
  6. I especially focused on your helping your friend. It is very difficult for us to ask for help. It is so nice you were there to help her get home from her surgery and hung around and shared some tea, biscuits and conversation. Being aware of the beauty around us in nature is uplifting. I could see the light dancing on the water. I'm glad you made it to your writer's group. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.